Found this very useful guide for Bible Reading and study.
Our desire was to create a simple, reproducible strategy that would facilitate this process. This led us to develop a simply strategy for small clusters (2-3 people) to meet together regularly and talk about the Scriptures and apply them to their lives.
The seven arrows of Bible reading were an attempt at developing a tool for proper hermeneutics to power these relationships. We did not want our people to simply talk about the Bible. We wanted them to understand the Bible and know how to apply it to their lives. Each cluster would read a predetermined passage of Scripture and discuss it using these seven arrows.
It is seven very helpful questions to ask and dwell on when studying a passage of scripture.
- What does this passage say?
- What does this passage mean to its original audience?
- What does this passage tell us about God?
- What does this passage tell us about man?
- What does this passage demand of me?
- How does this passage change the way I relate with people?
- How does this passage prompt me to pray?
I especially like how it not only ask questions that dwell on the original intent and purpose of the passage but also questions that aid in applying the passage to one’s life.
Read more details here… 7 Arrows for Bible Reading.